Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thirty

Today is the day of my brothers birth so I will dedicate a post to him today, regular posting activity will resume tomorrow.

It's amazing to me that he's turning thirty. Seems that we were just sliding down the stairs covered in blankets on a makeshift toboggan. He was forced to share a room with me for much of those thirty years, I should apologize for all the frustrated wall punching and controller breaking while he was trying to sleep. For all the times I tagged along trying to be a skater so I could be more like him. We went through a lot of shit together whether we knew it at the time or not. He managed to survive another bout of living with me, swinging light fixture and falling asleep in the chairs. Basically a hundred percent of my musical knowledge in high school was siphoned from my brother. If one of us ever departs LA for any significant amount of time, the first stop back in town is always Lucy's at one in the morning.

I admire you more than you'll ever know, happy birthday Barry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead make my day