Saturday, June 11, 2011

Everything in Moderation

I've recently been on the, "you only live once." kick. The exactitude of this statement is almost inconsequential though. Really, you could interpret it to affirm or deny almost any choice in life. You don't want to go through life as safely as possible with millions of regrets. By the same token, you don't want to drag race on Venice at one in the morning and get t-boned by a semi. Do you eat organic chicken breast, spinach, and lentils for every meal or shove Jack in the Box, Ben & Jerry's, and donuts down your gullet? Obviously I don't have the answers to any of these questions but I will say that moderation is not always the correct answer either. Regardless of the existence of an afterlife, or reincarnation, or nothing at all, life will never be simply black and white. A lot of you would attest to my amazing inability to master the doggy paddle, but for now I'll be testing out the deep end and praying to (???) that I don't drown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead make my day