Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Real Oasis

I've passed through so many mirages
Parched and sun spanked, alluring palms and wet water
Resting again praying for sanity
Betrayal fell swiftly on unsuspecting camel
Looking frantically for a sign
Trying to climb the horizontal plane
Gripping sand watching it pass between my fingers
What kind of existence is this?
Falling endlessly, sprawled, can't touch anything
This des(s)ert will be the death of me.
Baked alive on the flaky crust
Estimated temperature of six thousand kelvin
He's gonna burn the pie if she's not careful
The icing on the cupcakes is almost ironic
At the epicenter, a lone apple tree, so apropos



still not done...

The desert line is the end of the serious version, now I'm doing a joke version.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead make my day